Cleaning Your Air Ducts: How Often Should You?

Duct-work can be a blessing during hot summers and cold winters, as it transports warm or cool air to the rooms that need it most, but it can be a nightmare when it needs to be cleaned. If your home has duct-work, it’s important to keep it clean to keep the air...

Hazards of Old Insulation

Everyone knows that good insulation can keep many unwanted things out of your home, but how many people think about the undesirable health hazards that old insulation can bring into your home? Depending on the type of insulation you have in your home, your health...

Benefits of a Air Filtration System

The indoor air quality is greatly affected by a tightly sealed home, and air pollutants can build up unless they are filtered from the home properly. Dust mites and pet dander are the worst culprits for breathing and allergy issues, leaving a growing number of...

Indoor air quality tips

The EPA estimates – indoor air quality can be 5 times more polluted than outdoor air. Air ducts and ventilation systems are the biggest contributing factors in poor indoor air quality. The tiny but mighty air ducts contain a host of harmful fungi, bacteria and mold....

HVAC Term Glossary

AFUE Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. Indicated as a percentage, your furnace’s AFUE tells you how much energy is being converted to heat. For example, an AFUE of 90 means that 90% of the fuel is being used to warm your home, while the other 10% escapes as exhaust...