Breathe Cleaner, Healthier Air With Our Chimney and Dryer Vent Services
Your Family’s Health Is Important
One way of creating a healthy environment is to breath cleanier, healthier air. New home construction dust, mold, mildew, dust mites and many other small particles are in your air ducts. These contaminates can cause unnecessary problems for allergy sufferers, babies, chronically ill and elderly people.
- Air Duct Cleaning – First we clean and sanitize your vent covers. Then we manually brush and vacuum your air ducts from the vent opening to the unit. Finally we disinfect the entire system with an EPA registered sanitizer.
- Vent Seals – We seal the space between the sheetrock and air duct boot. This eliminates air, dirt and insulation from entering your home from the attic space.
- Vent Covers – Vent covers tend to rust in areas like kitchens and bathrooms where there is a lot of moisture. In many cases we can repaint the vent cover. In some cases it is necessary to replace the vent cover.
- Sanitizer/Disinfectant – Envirocon is an E.P.A. registered disinfectant used by hospitals, day care centers and many government buildings. This product controls mold, mildew and bacteria.
Dryer Vent Services
A build up of lint in the dryer vent can damage and cause the dryer element to burn out before it’s time. Blockage can also lengthen drying time thus increasing electricity and/or gas usage. Side vents and roof vents are inviting homes for small birds, wasps, hornets, etc.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning – We remove all lint, animal nests and debris from top to bottom of your dryer vent.
- Rain Cap – Simply keeps rain, birds and animals from entering the dryer vent from roof vented systems.
- Connecting Flexible Duct – We can install the flexible duct from the dryer to the wall.
- Dryer Vent Inspection – We will inspect the entire line for debris, damage and condensation.
- Outside Flipper – Similar to a rain cap, this is simply a cover for side vented systems.
- Chimney Sweep – We remove all lint, animal nests and debris from top to bottom of your dryer vent.
- Chimney Inspection – We will inspect the entire line for debris, damage and condensation.
- Mortar Repair – Simply keeps rain, birds and animals from entering the dryer vent from roof vented systems.
- Dampers – Similar to a rain cap, this is simply a cover for side vented systems.
- Animal Removal – We will remove and dispose of dead animals from inside the fireplace.
- Crown Rebuild – Masonry fireplaces have a concrete top or crown. Over time and in the elements, the crown may deteriorate, allowing water to enter the internal parts of the fireplace which deteriorates the inside structure.
- Chimney Cap – We offer a variety of chimney tops including flue, standard and custom caps. They come in a variety of finishes as well. Let us show you which one is right for you.
Fireplace Safety Tips
By following these few tips, you can safely enjoy many fires throughout the cold weather season.
- Always start the fire season with an inspection and cleaning especially if you have had animals or birds nesting in your chimney. The nesting material may block the air flow and cause the smoke to come into your home or could cause an internal fire.
- Make sure the damper is open before you light a fire.
- Always have a screen in front of the opening when a fire is lit. This will prevent sparks from flying out of the fireplace.
- Leave the damper open for at least 24 hours after your fire appears to be out. Coals can continue to burn for several days and can create smoke. That smoke needs to escape through the chimney not into your home.
- Clean the outside brick and waterproof. We offer a thorough chimney cleaning and restoration.
- Remove coals every few fires. NEVER place coals directly into a paper or plastic container! The coals could still be hot and cause a fire. Instead, use a strong metal container to store the coals outside for a few days until you are sure the coals are no longer hot.
For more information on our chimney and dryer vent services, contact us today.